Carradale House is an imposing period mansion set amongst mature woodland gardens overlooking the sea.
In 1844 the original 18th Century house was extended to create a new house for Richard Campbell, designed by the Scots Baronialist David Bryce, who worked closely with William Burn.
the 19th and 20th Centuries the house acquired various additions including
a conservatory, a low east wing and a kitchen wing which replaced a larger
wing which was destroyed by a fire in 1969.