Carradale House is set within large well established gardens. Immediately surrounding the house are extensive lawns that are interspersed with shrub beds and bordered by banks of Rhododendrons, some of which were reputedly imported by Sir Joseph Hooker who succeeded his father, William, as director of Kew Gardens in 1841.
It is estimated that we have over 1000 Rhododendrons of 140 different varieties, of which the first start blooming at the end of January and continue until October.
West, east and north
east of the house are wonderful woodland gardens which contain many different
varieties of trees and shrubs. To the north west is a large walled garden
with borders containing some very fine rhododendrons and shrubs as well as
an extensive vegetable and fruit garden.